High Holy Day Tickets
Non-members may purchase High Holy Day Tickets by e-mailing office[at]bnaiemunahsf.org, calling the office at 415-664-7373, or ordering online by clicking the button below. We have limited space, so we urge you to make your reservations and make your payment as soon as possible. No tickets will be sold at the door, and no one will be admitted without a ticket. Please send in payment by September 8, 2017.
Our regular ticket prices for non-members are:
- $180 each for Adults for all services
- $90 each for Adults for a single service
- $18 each for Children under 13
- Free for First Time Attendees and Students
No one will be turned away from B’nai Emunah due to lack of funds.
If you are a students or someone who has never spent the High Holy Days with us, your tickets are free. Please contact Rabbi Mark at rabbimarkm[at]gmail.com with a subject line of “Free Tickets” if you are interested or order online by clicking the button below.
Standard and young-adult B’nai Emunah members in good standing receive tickets for all adults and children in the family. Members may purchase additional tickets at a discount.
For further information e-mail the office at office[at]bnaiemunahsf.org or call 415-664-7373.
Schedule of Services
Selichot – Saturday, September 16, 2017 – 7:00 p.m.
All are welcome to attend. No tickets are needed. The service will be held at Congregation Ner Tamid, 1250 Quintara Street, San Francisco CA 94116
Rosh HaShanah – Wednesday, September 20 – Friday, September 22, 2017
- Wednesday, September 20, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Erev Rosh HaShanah Service
- Thursday, September 21, 8:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Rosh HaShanah Day 1 Morning Service w/ Kiddush – Shofar Sounding at around 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, September 21, 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. – Family Service
- Thursday, September 21, 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. – Tashlich Service at Ocean Beach
- Friday, September 22, 8:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Day 2 Morning Service w/ Kiddush – Shofar Sounding at around 11:00 a.m.
Second Day Alternatives
- All Alternative Services on Friday, September 22, 2017
- Symposium on the Meaning of Life hosted by Ner Tamid – 10:00 a.m. at Congregation Ner Tamid
- Shofar Beach Service, Picnic Lunch and Tashlich hosted by Or Shalom – 11:00 a.m. at Ocean Beach
- Beach Walk with Reflections and Singing hosted by Beth Israel Judea – 10:30 a.m. at Pacifica Pier
Yom Kippur – Friday, September 29 – Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Friday, September 29, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. – Kol Nidre Service – Ticket Required – *** Please arrive on time
- Saturday, September 30, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Yom Kippur Morning Service – Ticket Required
- Saturday, September 30, 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Family Service, led by Rabbi Mark – Ticket Required
- Saturday, September 30, 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. – Study Sessions
- Saturday, September 30, 4:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. – Afternoon Service, Yizkor, and Concluding Services – Yizkor at around 5:45 p.m.
- Saturday, September 30, 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Community Break the Fast – Everyone is invited.
We encourage congregational participation in our services. If you would like to be honored with an aliyah, lifting or dressing the Sefer Torah, an English reading, or an ark opening, please contact the office at office[at]bnaiemunahsf.org or 415-664-7373.
Childcare is available for all services. Contact office[at]bnaiemunahsf.org or call 415-664-7373 to register.
Please support our food drive for the SF-Marin Food Bank by bringing canned or packaged, nonperishable food items to deposit in the barrels in the synagogue lobby. (Please, no glass containers.)
High Holy Day Giving Opportunities
We offer you several opportunities for “righteous giving”, all of which benefit our synagogue community and allow us to provide excellent services and programming throughout the year. The deadline for all of these options is September 8, 2017.
- Add a greeting to the High Holy Day Program. Suggested donation is $36 for two lines or $72 for a business card.
- Honor the memory of your loved ones in the Yizkor Memorial Book – Minimum requested donation is $36 and $9 per name for each name after the first four.
- Add a name of a loved one in need of healing to the program. A donation is requested.
- Send Jars of Honey, locally produced kosher honey, to congregants or to friends and family – Send your greetings to the entire congregation for $180. Send greetings to individual congregants for $10 each for the first two congregants and $8 for each subsequent congregant. For $18 you can send a jar and a personalized card to someone outside the congregation. You must pick up your jars and cards at Rosh HaShanah services; we will not ship them.
- Accept an Aliyah (going up to the Torah) for a Rosh HaShanah or Yom Kippur morning service – Lifting or dressing the Torah scroll are also options – Receive a special blessing (MiSheBeirach) for yourself and your loved ones – This is an important honor which is deserving of a meaningful donation.
- Make a pledge to the High Holy Day Appeal – Pledge cards will be distributed at Kol Nidre services on September 29, 2017, but pledges ahead of time are encouraged. You can also also donate online.
To participate in any of these donation options or for further information, please email the office at office[at]bnaiemunahsf.org or call 415-664-7373 or you can pledge online by clicking the button below:
Rabbi Mark’s Sermons from 2016
Drash for Erev Rosh Hashanah 2016 / 5777
Drash for Rosh Hashanah 2016 / 5777