Come Help Repair the World
August 20th from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Collaborative Tikkun Olam Committee of our four “sister” synagogues is holding our annual “Tikkun Olam Day” at Congregation B’nai Emunah, 3595 Taraval Street (46th Ave).
Kids and adults are welcome
We will have several activities taking place concurrently. Feel free to drop by at any time or stay the whole 2 hours! Children are welcome and those 5 years and older can easily participate in the lunch sack activity, the blanket-making activity, and the beach clean-up.
There’s plenty to do
- DROP-OFF books for Books 4 Hope, including textbooks, which will be distributed to schools and communities in need all over the world by certified teachers and administrators
- HELP us make lunch sacks that will be brought directly to feed homeless men and women living on the streets of San Francisco
- BRING gently used/new/like new items to donate to St. Anthony Foundations’s Free Clothing Program for homeless and low-income families and individuals. They accept: shoes/socks, bras, underwear, children’s books, children’s toys, clothing for men/women/children, coats/jackets, hats/gloves, belts, purses, backpacks, blankets/pillows, sleeping bags, comforters, shopping bags, luggage bags, dental hygiene items, toiletry products, linens/towels, canes/walkers.
- MAKE blankets for hospitalized and homeless children, as part of Linus Project. We provide the supplies and the only skill you need is to use a scissor and tie a knot
- JOIN our beach clean-up group on Ocean Beach. Meet at B’nai Emunah no later than 11:00 am and we’ll walk together two blocks to the beach.