High Holy Days 2019 – 5780
Tickets are required for security * No one will be turned away for lack of funds
Tickets for All Services
- Free for Regular Members and Sustaining Members. Click here if you wish to become a member.
- $100 per person for Associate Members, or $50 per service
- $180 per person for Non Members, or $90 per service
- Free for Students with valid student ID
- Free for First Time Attendees
Activities for Children Age 12 and Under
- Children are welcome at all adult worship
- Childcare is available during adult worship
- Parents must remain on the premises when their children are in services or childcare.
Cost for Children Age 12 and Under (see activities above)
- Free for Regular Members and Sustaining Members
- $18 per child age 12 and under – includes worship and childcare
- Free for First Time Attendees and Students
Free of Charge
- Rosh Hashanah Tashlich – 2:00 pm following Kiddush – at Ocean Beach
- Rosh Hashanah Family Worship – 10:15 am on Rosh Hashana in the preschool at B’nai Emunah
- Yom Kippur Family Worship – 3:00 pm in the main sanctuary at B’nai Emunah
For financial assistance, please email office[at]bnaiemunahsf.org or call 415-664-7373.
EREV ROSH HASHANAH — 8:00 pm – Sunday, September 29
1st DAY ROSH HASHANAH — 9:00 am – Monday, September 30
9:00 am – Shacharit – morning service
10:00 am – Torah Service
11:00 am – Shofar Service
11:15 am – State of the Shul by Ken Mitchell
11:30 am – Sermon by Rabbi Pam
12:00 pm – Musaf Service
1:30 pm – Kiddush with challah and honey cake
2:00 pm – Tashlich at Ocean Beach
2nd DAY ROSH HASHANAH at NER TAMID — 9:00 am Tuesday, October 1
Tickets for both congregations will be honored for entrance to the service
Services at Ner Tamid will be followed by Kiddush Lunch
EREV YOM KIPPUR — Arrive by 6:15 pm. Service begins 6:30pm – Tuesday, October 8
includes “Jewish Journeys” from two honored congregants and
“Synagogue Support” from Congregation President, Ken Mitchell
YOM KIPPUR DAY — Wednesday, October 9
9:00 am – Shacharit – morning service – with sing along melodies and interspersed with English readings
10:30 am – Torah Service
12:00 pm – Rabbi Pam’s sermon
12:30 pm – Musaf
3:00 pm – Family Service in the main sanctuary
4:00 – 4:45 pm – Afternoon Learning in the Sanctuary
5:00 pm – Mincha and Torah reading
5:45 pm – Yizkor
6:15 pm – Neilah
7:30 pm – Havdalah
Light Break-the-Fast: following Havdalah
AFTERNOON LEARNING: 4:00 pm – Check back for details.
SUKKOT, SHMINI ATZERET & SIMCHAT TORAH
Sukkot Day 1 – September 24: Morning Service: 9:30am at Ner Tamid
Sukkot Day 2 – September 25: Morning Service: 10:00am at BE
Shabbat Sukkot in the Sukkah – Friday, September 28, 7:30pm at BE
8:30pm Dessert in the Sukkah
9:00pm Learning and Sleepover in the Sukkah
Bring sweats or other warm comfortable layers, sleeping bag & pillow
Shemini Atzeret Morning Service and Yizkor Service:
Monday, October 1, 9:30am at Ner Tamid
Erev Simchat Torah Potluck Dinner and Candy Parade:
Monday October 1, 6:00pm at BE
**Bring a veggie/dairy dish and a bag of candy to give the kids as they lead our Torah March**
Simchat Torah Morning Service and Hakafot (parade with the Torah Scrolls):
Tuesday, October 2, 10:00am at BE
Childcare is available for all services. Contact office[at]bnaiemunahsf.org or call 415-664-7373 to register.
Please support our food drive for the SF-Marin Food Bank. Bring canned or packaged, nonperishable food items to deposit in the barrels in the synagogue lobby. (Please, no glass containers.)
High Holy Day Giving Opportunities
We offer you several opportunities for “righteous giving”, all of which benefit our synagogue community and allow us to provide excellent services and programming throughout the year. Orders will be taken until items have been printed. Even if you miss a deadline, donations are always appreciated.
- Honor the memory of your loved ones in the Yizkor Memorial Book. Minimum requested donation is $36 and $9 per name for each name after the first four.
- Add a name of a loved one in need of healing to the program.
- Make a pledge to the High Holy Day Appeal. Pledge cards will be distributed at Kol Nidre services on September 18, 2018, but pledges ahead of time are encouraged. You can also also donate online.
To participate in any of these donation options or for further information, please email the office at office[at]bnaiemunahsf.org or call 415-664-7373 or you can pledge online by clicking the button below: